Parent Courses (Grade R- Tertiary)
It is essential that your children’s school career is as successful as possible as this provides a good foundation for their adult life. My workshops are targeted to specific grade levels and are designed to equip you with the necessary skills needed to assist your children throughout their academic career. Aspects covered (Grade dependent) include the following information and skills:
- - Developmental level (physical, cognitive, emotional)
- - Adjusting to Grade 1, High School or Tertiary studies;
- - Parental Support vs. Independence,
- - Homework and Boundary Setting,
- - Monitoring Time Management and Organisation,
- - Managing their Social Life and Social Media,
- - Communicating with the school,
- - Maintaining a good relationship with your children,
- - Nutrition for the brain.
Specific courses can be designed for parents with similar concerns. The workshops are small (6-8) people to allow for individual attention and problem-solving. Individual follow up sessions are available if needed. The Workshops are 4 hours long (9am -1pm) and take place on a Saturday morning. The courses currently offered are: Grade 1 and Foundation Phase, Junior Primary (Grades 4-5), Senior Primary (6-7); High School, Matric and Tertiary. Please consult our website, or email or call Merle (email@example.com; 0217621355) for dates of scheduled courses. Prices may change so please contact us for further information.